Brue force a instagram password using python

DeadPrezi700

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
I will brute force an instagram password using python and I will run the program trough tor.Will I succsesfully get the account's password if it is in my wordlist or will Instagram block my requests

BloodyWave

Established Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
Very likely that you will get rate-limited and/or blocked from submitting requests after a minimal amount of failures in a short amount of time. All major services are going to have protections in place so that you cannot submit many requests to try to brute force a password over their APIs. To do a brute force attac you usually would need to have the password hash and the salt that was used to create it.

They may not even allow requests from TOR at all or rate limit even harder. Let me tell you they thought of defending against this kind of thing a looooong time ago.

h0oligan

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
everything Cornballer said I totally agree with and can vouch that they do defend against these types of basic attacks. however there is one way to do it through a third-party API access. i'm not well versed on Instagram's API and docs so unsure if it's special API access or a custom wrapper that social media marketing (SMM) sites use. but have had success brute forcing account credentials for Instagram through SMM API's that connect instagram accounts to the SMM service. even then you still need roating proxies to avoid any rate limits that the SMM service has in place.

alligatorman17

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
Just keep trying it is possible

BREADGANG

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
Dictionary attacks almost never work, but yes if the password is in your wordlist then you could (ofc using proxy/tor)

Users who are viewing this thread