Decentralized markets just a wet dream or a reality ?

NBAYoungCarder

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
What are your views on decentralized DNM?
Do you think first decentralized SilkRoad of its kind is coming soon or the technology is not there yet. And how would such be made with current technologies like blockchain ?

If its based on etherum smart contracts privacy would be non existant, also having each transaction publicly stored is not very good when you are selling pure columbian crack-cocaine. And hosting seems like an issue... But just having an unstoppable market is a pure fuck you to the feds.

procashout

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
Big wet dream that wont be achieved

alligatorman17

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
I'm no expert but I think it's a pipe dream. I'm not sure there is a way to get the right people on board to work together.

NBAYoungCarder

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
I'm no expert but I think it's a pipe dream. I'm not sure there is a way to get the right people on board to work together.
Money is a good idea but then again you are also likey risking 3 life sentences and 40 years

alligatorman17

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
Shot in the dark but youd build your own blockchain network. Products would be deployed like smart contracts. minted and all. You get an oracle that is connected to courier's tracking number thrown in and the contract will make its own actions.Your profile is an nft mayb? Who knows but I see the unfolding.

Markets will have there own native tokens, financial incentives, governance, and a stronger community.

procashout

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
Shot in the dark but youd build your own blockchain network. Products would be deployed like smart contracts. minted and all. You get an oracle that is connected to courier's tracking number thrown in and the contract will make its own actions.Your profile is an nft mayb? Who knows but I see the unfolding.

Markets will have there own native tokens, financial incentives, governance, and a stronger community.
Seems pretty good but the biggest problem is grey area. For example tor is not illegal (in most of the world). If you have a blockchain which only goal is distributing of drugs it would be killed instantly/sanctioned. Proof of work (mining) would be pretty much impossible so only other option is PoS. And also native token would be illegal to hold. Other then that i honestly think it is possible to pull off.

NBAYoungCarder

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
Seems pretty good but the biggest problem is grey area. For example tor is not illegal (in most of the world). If you have a blockchain which only goal is distributing of drugs it would be killed instantly/sanctioned. Proof of work (mining) would be pretty much impossible so only other option is PoS. And also native token would be illegal to hold. Other then that i honestly think it is possible to pull off.
How can you sanction it if its part of the web. Its been tried with bitcoin in censored countries and that didn't work and that was a public blockchain network. As a consensus algo theres many others that would find its place in this solution.

alligatorman17

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
I like the idea of decentralized marketplace in general. It doesn't matter what type of goods/services it is offering. I'm waiting for legal businesses to finally accept and embrace blockchain tech and some practices from DNMs. When I picture it in my head I see decentralized market as an observer who protects vendors and supports customers.

Technologies are already here: smart contracts could easily replace bureaucracy. In it's core it is just code and you can keep it private. Noticed that decentralized storage systems are getting more popular. It feels like we're moving there, but very slowly.

procashout

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
I like the idea of decentralized marketplace in general. It doesn't matter what type of goods/services it is offering. I'm waiting for legal businesses to finally accept and embrace blockchain tech and some practices from DNMs. When I picture it in my head I see decentralized market as an observer who protects vendors and supports customers.

Technologies are already here: smart contracts could easily replace bureaucracy. In it's core it is just code and you can keep it private. Noticed that decentralized storage systems are getting more popular. It feels like we're moving there, but very slowly.
Yes IPFS storage will be quite useful. So far crypto as a use of exchange for commerce is just the tip of the iceberg.

NBAYoungCarder

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
Yes IPFS storage will be quite useful. So far crypto as a use of exchange for commerce is just the tip of the iceberg.
I think creating the blockchain itself is doable. The main problem is hosting as far as i know there doesn't exist decentralized hosting (i might be wrong). Because if you think about it the blockchain would be the backbone of the website and there could exist multiple markets using the same blockchain contracts

alligatorman17

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
You're making it all about the technology.
The type of market, and the people who make it up, are equally important factors.

I see a huge potential market for pirated digital content driven by microtransactions. I've perused some of the "Digital Products" sections of various DNMs and come away disappointed. It's all just self-referential stuff: e-books about hacking and all that. Barely any selection of things like ripped websites, pirated pay-wall content, novels, text-books, etc. It's an untapped market. You wouldn't even need an escrow because it would just be micro-transactions within a file sharing community. I'm thinking in terms of amounts you could gather from faucets. You don't need a guarantor for transactions of that scale.

Make that the starting point and grow your market from there. Stop thinking in terms of these monolithic top-down structures and just find someone who you want to share files with.

Users who are viewing this thread