Do you really think alphabay is a honeypot?

alligatorman17

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
Do you really think alphabay is a honeypot?As I can see they are up for one year and more vendors are coming to sell there.

procashout

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
Joined 12 hours ago.

The only ones still desperately trying to push that conspiracy into fact are those for whom it's in their own interest to do so.

Setting aside that we are currently the number 1 market on the darknet, which should count for something, I'm not going to go over the whole story again of how our admin has verified his identity multiple times, etc., etc.
You can read that in your own time.

What matters is this:
AlphaBay is an XMR-only marketplace; no Bitcoin -> no tracking of transactions (the downfall of many vendors and markets).
AlphaBay pushes and enforces PGP encryption literally everywhere; if you abide by it, not even the market can read what you and the vendor are saying.
AlphaBay goes the long way to make sure you don't get phished; don't forget, phishing is not only about stealing money, but credentials, too. Don't put it past LE to set up phishing proxies of their own to harvest vendors' credentials.

With all that in mind, really think about whether it would even matter if the market were a honeypot- it's not, and there's no basis for that claim whatsoever other than uncertainty and plain fiction.

Our market is set up in a way that prioritizes security and the safety of our users; it's also why we have not had any security breaches whatsoever in almost a year of operation.

Phrack out.

NBAYoungCarder

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
It's all said. Best market at the moment.

NBAYoungCarder

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
Sure you did, 13 minute old account!
yeah a 13 min old account is a fresh new acc. :p
Do you believe my words would be different if my account is 1 month old like yours?

alligatorman17

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
yeah a 13 min old account is a fresh new acc. :p
Do you believe my words would be different if my account is 1 month old like yours?
No, your reasoning would still be flawed; I would still call you out on it.

procashout

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
No, your reasoning would still be flawed; I would still call you out on it.
Out of my view alphabay is to big.
The fats want to raid it as soon as they can.
Personally i prefer smaller marketplaces ;)

NBAYoungCarder

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
No, alphabay is not a honeypot, but even if it is, you can take steps to prevent LE from identifying who you are and what you are doing on alphabay.
1_always PGP-encrypt your communications on alphabay,
2_use TAILS or whonix to access alphabay,
3_enable PGP on your account and enable it for sign in.
4_always buy from vendors who are verified on alphabay with positive reviews and who are also active here on dread.
5_do NOT use your real address to receive packages sent from vendors on alphabay, use a drop address instead.
6_encrypt your laptop/computer with veracrypt or truecrypt with a strong passphrase (20+ plus characters). it's highly recommended that you create a hidden operating system with veracrypt on your laptop, that will give you 100% deniable plausibility in case you are caught by LE.

alligatorman17

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
I really dont think it's a honey pot , think about the scenarios where a LE agency is running a market sending hard drugs fraud , etc to buyers ,that's a PR disaster for any LE ,imagine the media having a field day tracking people that OD'd and sold drugs and committed fraud all while being facilitated by LE . that would a PR own goal .
if there is something wrong with AB , it wont be a honey pot scenario because it doesn't make any sense and it could blow on LE 's face , now i am not shilling or defending Ab ,just saying that if something is sketchy you are looking at wrong angle .

Users who are viewing this thread