Profiting from Patient Info?

HospitalEvil

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
I work in the health care profession (at a privately owned clinic) and have access to thousands of patient's information. Not just their medical records, but their ID, SS#, insurance Info, address, phone #, and answers to almost every security question when you think about since I know their parent's names/maiden names, hobbies, etc. I even have access to the MSR that the majority of patients use to pay with any card they choose (10% of patients use cash).

The biggest issue I see is that the program only reveals the last 4 of the card when searching up a previous transaction. I can always say that the MSR is currently not working and manually type in the card information (which has happened a few times recently due to heavy rain messing with the our internet connection). I know for all Visa cards the first 8 digits are 4610 4602. If the program saves the last 4 digits indefinitely then I just need to remember the 3rd set of digits, the expiration, and the cvv when manually typing it in. I'm really good at remembering long sequences of numbers/letters in a short period of time.

Although the patient is staring at me while I do this it provides an additional security measure because they won't think I ran off somewhere and wrote down the details. I also have a co worker who's wants in and I have known them for 5+ years and trust them completely since I've met them way before we started working together. They can come up front during the checkout process and entertain the patient by promoting something on the front counter while I type in the information. This will allow the patient to still see I am just merely typing in their details although it will also help with attaching a positive memory to the end of an appointment making it harder for a patient to want to point fingers at us first. I often get quite close to patients and know what they do for a living and can even calculate when they get paid (since a lot of patients are either really open or because a lot of them work the same profession due to the area we are located in.)

Additionally, there are 2 main types of patients we typically see. General medical patients usually pay anywhere from $15-$150. The aesthetic patients typically pay $250-$1k+. I know which patients are in a financially secure position and wouldn't notice anything missing for at least a few days. I would wait for a while to use the patient's info to lower suspicion. The goal is to have them use that card in as many transactions they can make at other retailers before I actually use the card so that they don't have an exact idea on how their info may have gotten stolen. Aesthetic patients usually come in once every 2-3 months so that could also help me out if I choose one of those patients since they don't come in weekly like most general medical patients.

Is this an elaborate plan that could actually work? What are some flaws you see?

alligatorman17

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
The biggest flaws I see are that you're involving another person in your illegal identity theft racket. You can trust someone all you want, and honestly you know better than a stranger on the darknet, but if I was going to be committing a felony I generally don't want to involve anyone who is not strictly necessary to the operation. It's just a liability.

Second thing is, you're shitting where you eat. You're stealing info provided to you by clients at your place of work. God forbid anything happens, LE could find out all these identities that have been stolen all went to this one clinic and guess who they give their leaked data to? You.

Personally, I would advise against this. You work in healthcare. You have a career path and you might even be making decent money. How upset would you be if you threw that away to get convicted of a serious crime that would render you unemployable in that field then went to prison?

HospitalEvil

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
I understand what you're saying and you are correct about me being fortunate enough to be in this profession and that I have a lot more ahead of me in this career. Although, I wasn't thinking of thousands of dollars. I am in about $1500 debt that I would love to pay off asap so I have enough for other things/vacations during the holidays. You think I can safely get away with this if I just do like 4-5 people rather than hundreds?

alligatorman17

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
I understand what you're saying and you are correct about me being fortunate enough to be in this profession and that I have a lot more ahead of me in this career. Although, I wasn't thinking of thousands of dollars. I am in about $1500 debt that I would love to pay off asap so I have enough for other things/vacations during the holidays. You think I can safely get away with this if I just do like 4-5 people rather than hundreds?
Someone's identity that's for sale is called a fullz. Fullz don't go for that amount of money. I'm not really a fraud guy but I don't think you could get out of that debt with only doing 4 or 5 people. Honestly $1500 debt isn't that awful. I suggest you just stick to the straight and narrow unless you want to make identity theft a full hustle.

USAcertifie

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
Someone's identity that's for sale is called a fullz. Fullz don't go for that amount of money. I'm not really a fraud guy but I don't think you could get out of that debt with only doing 4 or 5 people. Honestly $1500 debt isn't that awful. I suggest you just stick to the straight and narrow unless you want to make identity theft a full hustle.
I don’t think she is looking to sell the info friend she is talking about using it herself. Which area of the country are you thinking about doing this in?

USAcertifie

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
I don’t think she is looking to sell the info friend she is talking about using it herself. Which area of the country are you thinking about doing this in?

HospitalEvil

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
the states bro

letsnetwork

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
I work in the health care profession (at a privately owned clinic) and have access to thousands of patient's information. Not just their medical records, but their ID, SS#, insurance Info, address, phone #, and answers to almost every security question when you think about since I know their parent's names/maiden names, hobbies, etc. I even have access to the MSR that the majority of patients use to pay with any card they choose (10% of patients use cash).

The biggest issue I see is that the program only reveals the last 4 of the card when searching up a previous transaction. I can always say that the MSR is currently not working and manually type in the card information (which has happened a few times recently due to heavy rain messing with the our internet connection). I know for all Visa cards the first 8 digits are 4610 4602. If the program saves the last 4 digits indefinitely then I just need to remember the 3rd set of digits, the expiration, and the cvv when manually typing it in. I'm really good at remembering long sequences of numbers/letters in a short period of time.

Although the patient is staring at me while I do this it provides an additional security measure because they won't think I ran off somewhere and wrote down the details. I also have a co worker who's wants in and I have known them for 5+ years and trust them completely since I've met them way before we started working together. They can come up front during the checkout process and entertain the patient by promoting something on the front counter while I type in the information. This will allow the patient to still see I am just merely typing in their details although it will also help with attaching a positive memory to the end of an appointment making it harder for a patient to want to point fingers at us first. I often get quite close to patients and know what they do for a living and can even calculate when they get paid (since a lot of patients are either really open or because a lot of them work the same profession due to the area we are located in.)

Additionally, there are 2 main types of patients we typically see. General medical patients usually pay anywhere from $15-$150. The aesthetic patients typically pay $250-$1k+. I know which patients are in a financially secure position and wouldn't notice anything missing for at least a few days. I would wait for a while to use the patient's info to lower suspicion. The goal is to have them use that card in as many transactions they can make at other retailers before I actually use the card so that they don't have an exact idea on how their info may have gotten stolen. Aesthetic patients usually come in once every 2-3 months so that could also help me out if I choose one of those patients since they don't come in weekly like most general medical patients.

Is this an elaborate plan that could actually work? What are some flaws you see?
Don't allow anyone to discourage your malpractice in the less, speaking from personal experience you have the Golden goose. My mother owned and operated her own health care and consultation practice. As a RN. From personal experience, I would recommend you Leave the cc alone and focus more on each profile itself

Users who are viewing this thread