888-220-2311 scam

Andy Lane

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
I can't believe I fell for it! Just got this incredibly fishy phone message from someone named Adam, supposedly representing some kind of "financial help nonprofit." He claimed that there was a call regarding "potential options" for me, and he wanted to have a "five-minute conversation" before "closing out my file." It all sounded too good to be true, and now I know it was!

What really got me was the reference number he left - it was all jumbled up and didn't make any sense. But despite my better judgment, I ended up calling back. The number he provided was +1 888-220-2311. As soon as I dialed, I knew I was in trouble.

The person on the other end sounded suspiciously eager to help, but there was something off about the whole interaction. They kept pushing for personal information and reassured me that they were legitimate. Yeah, right! I wasn't born yesterday.

After doing some research, I discovered that others had received similar calls from the same number. It's definitely a scam, no doubt about it. And to think, I almost fell for it hook, line, and sinker!

Lesson learned: always trust your gut instincts and never give out personal information over the phone, especially to random callers claiming to be from "nonprofits." Stay safe out there, folks, and don't let scammers like this one take advantage of you!

Users who are viewing this thread