am I totally screwed or just kinda?

miamiheat

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
So I found a credit card at the register of a local establishment when I went up to pay. For shits and giggles I decided to use it and it went through. So I put it in my pocket and left. I used it a couple times here and there over the last few weeks untill it died. Must've caught on. Two weeks later (today) I get a phone call from the local sheriff asking me to come in to talk about some charges on a credit card. Obviously he's talking about this one.

Uhh what are my rights and what do I do?
I fucked up I know.

JwettMonster

Established Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
Ignore the call. Toss the card. You got about 6 months if they cannot seal anything they'll just toss the case. As of now, you are most likely semi wanted as a person of interest.
Wait out the stores to. Their turn around rate with employees makes it easy to visit 3-6 monts later, as nobody last that long at those jobs.

miamiheat

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
Ignore the call. Toss the card. You got about 6 months if they cannot seal anything they'll just toss the case. As of now, you are most likely semi wanted as a person of interest.
Wait out the stores to. Their turn around rate with employees makes it easy to visit 3-6 monts later, as nobody last that long at those jobs.
On the phone the guy also said if I didn't want to come in he'd be happy to stop by my "place of residence". Assuming my house. I mean I DID use the card physically a couple places.
If I ignore then won't they just come to my house?

JwettMonster

Established Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
On the phone the guy also said if I didn't want to come in he'd be happy to stop by my "place of residence". Assuming my house. I mean I DID use the card physically a couple places.
If I ignore then won't they just come to my house?
yes they will but you dont know anything about anything you have no idea what their talking about and u were never there

miamiheat

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
yes they will but you dont know anything about anything you have no idea what their talking about and u were never there
Even if they have me on camera from one of the stores?

JwettMonster

Established Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
do not answer the door or take their calls

do not talk to them without a lawyer

literally do not talk to them any more without a lawyer

most likely they do have you on camera and the easiest way for them to bust you is for you to talk to them

get a lawyer if they try contact again

did i mention do not talk to them? do not

Smyly

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
First off i'd stop telling on yourself over the internet. Idk thats just me, maybe im crazy..

JCOPxSWIPEGOD

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
Bro do you know what the Miranda rights are all about Jesus man 90 percent of the time people self snitch bro shit you ever watch the first 48 them cops barely get shit info they scare someone they may have suspicions on and they get scared and self snitch DO NOT TALK WITH OUT A LAWYERS

KingOfNewYork

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
Ey, what's da problem wit'chu? Y'all iq really dat low fam? First of all, y'all snitchin' on yoself den coppin ta it huh? Dey can't prove it was you an dey tryin' ta trip yo ass up by gettin'chu ta entrap and snitch on yo own crazy self. Jus chill out an keep yo lips tight playa and go get a lawyer if ish start actin funny. Betta learn ta shut yo damn mouf sumtimes an be ignorant cuz then cops don got nada on you talkin'. Dat why dey always try ta seem like dey yo homie so dey can trick u into lettin some info slip so dey kin lock us up round ere bruh.

Cipher Soul

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
So I found a credit card at the register of a local establishment when I went up to pay. For shits and giggles I decided to use it and it went through. So I put it in my pocket and left. I used it a couple times here and there over the last few weeks untill it died. Must've caught on. Two weeks later (today) I get a phone call from the local sheriff asking me to come in to talk about some charges on a credit card. Obviously he's talking about this one.

Uhh what are my rights and what do I do?
I fucked up I know.
If you're guilty of a crime and in possession of illegal items, the police won't bother making courteous calls. They'll simply come and arrest you. To avoid detection, it's best not to park your car in the store's parking lot when committing credit card fraud. Instead, park it some distance away and walk to the store to prevent the police from recording your license plates.

- Cipher Soul

Users who are viewing this thread