Carding in person for physical goods - What are the draw backs?

derkadurp

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
Last seen
After reading a ton of complex carding and cashout tutorials, I am wondering if there is any reason why someone doesn't just encode / emboss a card themselves with the CC info, and drive to the city where the Vic lives to go on a shopping spree? Get a Fake ID / Card for a few different fullz, and drive around for a weekend loading up on expensive store bought items, then sell once you land back home.

Local authorities don't give two shits about trying to catch ID thieves, so being seen on camera wouldn't hardly be a concern in my mind, is there any reason not to cash out this way?

Mr. Tommy

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
Because swiping your card with using magnetic stripe isn't working anymore, you need to use the EMV chip in order to make purchases. You can't just buy a MSR605 and some credit card data and expect that you'll be able to go on a spending spree -- it's not as simple as it seems.

doublechain

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
Mr. Tommy, my boy, you speakin' nothin' but facts, homeboy. I tried ta card inside Walmart last year - almost - an' bro it kept askin' me fo' EMV at the POS! Smh bro, I thought I was doin' somethin' wrong, but nah bro.

derkadurp

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
Last seen
Thanks so much for the response, I was looking at encoders and embossers, but will stay away from that - Appreciate it !

johnnynnhoj

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
hit up python and get you one of his cars and just go to the ATM and save you all the trouble

KingOfNewYork

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
Buyin' a MSR and tryin'a clone cards is wastin' yo money and time, fam! It be better off if you jus' stick to workin' yo 9-5 than tryna swipe without no EMV. It be like drivin a Hellcat wit no gas - ya feel me?

Cipher Soul

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
Last seen
Because swiping your card with using magnetic stripe isn't working anymore, you need to use the EMV chip in order to make purchases. You can't just buy a MSR605 and some credit card data and expect that you'll be able to go on a spending spree -- it's not as simple as it seems.
This statement holds some truth. Recently, when I used my personal Chase card at Walmart, I encountered issues with the chip, and after multiple attempts of inserting the card, the cashier allowed me to swipe it. The cashier informed me that this situation is quite common. Thus, it's worth noting that many establishments still accept swipe as an option despite the increasing popularity of chip-based transactions.

- Cipher Soul

Theleftie

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
What about emv bypass method? And if I get 101 dumps is it still not possible? What software is required to write emv? I have the omnikey

Users who are viewing this thread