How does javascript expoitation work?

killunowpls

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
If I (very low threat level) logged into a market without tails or some sort of virtual machine and accidentally had javascript enabled, is that account instantly burned? Does LE just have some sort of program running that automatically exploits people that have logged on with javascipt enabled or do they have to be targeting you to do that? Or perhaps it's like a permanent red mark on the account, meaning that if they ever wanted to look into you they could see that on a certain date ages ago you logged in with javascript enabled and can identify you from there.
I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about here and I understand that if they wanted to they could probably identify me without javascript being enabled but I am hoping that someone could answer this specifically about the javascript side.

liiDior

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
People say things like "Javascript can reveal sensitive information of your device." Using Tor Browser this is utterly false. It's an old wives tale that doesn't die. The NoScript addon and other features totally block anything revealing, which is why you can use it to surf the clearnet which is at least 99% js enabled.

Mr. Tommy

Junior Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
Please, chill and relax.
Having JavaScript enabled doesn't automatically mean you're being identified or exploited in any way.
It's best practice to disable JavaScript, but in almost all cases, while browsing the Superlist markets, you are unlikely to encounter any issues.
I'm not saying you have to keep it enabled; I'm saying you don't have to worry if you leave it active once.
JavaScript can allow people to be identified, that's true.
It can collect fingerprints or provide different ways to exploit, but I doubt that's the case for you.
Unless you're the new Pablo Escobar or Bin Laden 2.0, I think you should chill and stop being so paranoid.
JavaScript doesn't automatically mean evil. It could be, but it's not universally recognized as such.
You could be identified even if you don't take care of your operational security while engaging in fraud, or if you leave fingerprints on a package full of drugs before shipping it (as examples of digital/physical scenarios).
As I said, chill, dude )

Users who are viewing this thread